Adding Wi-Fi + BLE to your HOSTED System?
4 Key Steps For Success
CEL IDENTIFIES FOUR KEY STEPS TO A SUCCCESSFUL WIRELESS DESIGN
DEFINE – SYSTEM, PLATFORM, HARDWARE, & WIRELESS REQUIREMENTS
- Understand trade-offs of implementation decisions
CONFIRM – DRIVER/RTOS NEEDS AND SUPPORT
- This is complex and time-intensive.
- For an OS like Linux or Windows, do you need a pre-built, modified, or custom driver? What driver support is available…source code, binary files, software repository, scripts, documentation?
- Regarding an RTOS solution, what SDK, toolchain, source code, example code, applications support, documentation... are available?
SECURE SUPPORT – DEVELOPMENT & INTEGRATION
- Obtain development tools, acquire expertise & assistance for SW/HW/RF/Compliance
VERIFY – PERFORMANCE
- Confirm desired performance... Range/Coverage, Throughput, Power Consumption, Latency